When you have an emergency, you need a contractor that you can count on no matter of the situation. We have performed in many different catastrophes such as the Waldo Canyon Fires and the major hail storm in July of 2016. Weather you have a water emergency, need your windows and doors boarded up or a tarp over to protect a damaged roof, we will be there in your time of need. Give us a call at (719) 572-5130 and we guarantee you will not get an answering service.
Water & Sewer Mitigation
Have a water or sewage emergency? Give us a call at (719) 572-5130 and we’ll be there. Water and sewage emergencies spread very quickly and can infect many areas unforeseen to the naked eye. Even if you don’t call Top Gun, don’t wait, they can cause a lot of damage very quickly and can create health hazards if not mitigated in a timely manner. Mold can grow quickly as 24 to 48 hours and will begin to colonize in 1 to 12 days.
Water emergencies include a flooded basement, burst pipe, broken water main, water line to the washer or dishwasher has an issue or a water spigot has sprung a leak after the winter. Top gun has certified technicians and specialized equipment to combat any water or sewage emergency you may have, so don’t procrastinate when you have a problem.
Symptoms of Mold Exposure
- Watery/Red Eyes
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Throat irritation
- Skin irritation
- Extreme fatigue
- Memory loss
Emergency Board up is used to protect your property and prevent further damage before or after a storm. It can also be used to prevent unauthorized access by squatters, looters or vandals.
Situations when board up is necessary
- When your home or business is damaged by flood, fire, earthquake, or vandalism
- Before and after a storm
- Broken windows or non functioning doors
- Car crashes into the garage or other parts of the home
- Receive emergency call
- Assess the damage to the property and make recommendations
- Measure and cut plywood, OSB or other material to secure the opening to prevent further damage
Tarp Over Services
A Tarp Over Service refers to covering an exposed area that was meant to be exposed to the environment. The main goal is to keep things dry if it rains. Top Gun has a lot of experience with tarp overs and can respond very quickly in time of need, just give us a call at (719) 572-5130 and we’ll be right there.
Reasons why you many need a Tarp Over
- Severe Wind – From windstorms to tornadoes, high winds can cause significant damage to a roof. The faster you call us to tarp over your roof after wind damage, the less likely your structure will sustain water damage.
- Fire – If you have a fire, there is a high probability the Fire Department will cut a hole in your roof or burst out a window or door so they can put out the fire. Once this happens, the structure isn’t safe to enter until a building official, restoration professional or structural engineer inspects and gives the okay to reenter. Until then, a temporary roof is a must to prevent further water damage.
- Property Vacancy or Vandalism – Foreclosed and abandoned properties are usually suspect to damage from previous tenants. Failure to tarp over or close up penetrations could cause long-term damage before a new owner arrives.
- Preventive Measures – Sever weather warnings are the first opportunity to protect windows, doors and a roof. It provides an extra layer of material to weather the storm, pun intended.
Car versus House
Believe it or not, there are more instances of a car crashing into a home than you think. Many times it may be a young driver or inexperienced driver, someone who accidently pressed the accelerator instead of the break or someone under the influence who causes the damage. One should take precaution when this happens because more often than not, the crash causes significant structural damage.
The first thing to do is call Top Gun at (719) 572-5130. We can assist you with ensuring you are safe and don’t cause any further damage or additional risks to those involved. We can assist in helping ensure the house doesn’t collapse and file a claim with your insurance company. If it isn’t your fault, then call the 911 and file a police report. More than likely, the person’s automobile insurance policy will be responsible for the repairs.